Health 101 – Your Guide To A Healthy Life
Can you remember the last time that you actually stopped and asked yourself if you are healthy in the very sense of the word? It is possible that the idea may never have crossed your mind. As long as you wake up every day and you don't feel sick, then you're all good. This, right here, is a common misconception, because freedom from any disease doesn't necessarily mean that you are fit and healthy.
Health is a complex concept, which explains its many and varied definition. The World Health Organization (WHO) describes it as a "state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity". The Canadian Public Health Association defines it as, "To reach a state of complete physical, mental, and social well-being, an individual or group must be able to identify and to realize aspirations, to satisfy needs, and to change or cope with the environment. Health is, therefore, seen as a resource of everyday life, not the objective of living. Health is a positive concept emphasizing social and personal resources, as well as physical capacity". This definition is more encompassing than the broader sense that WHO has provided, but both agree that health is a state, a way of being that includes physical, mental, spiritual and emotional elements. If this is the case, then anyone can reach the state of being healthy with the right lifestyle choices and proper guidance.
This is what Health 101 is all about. it is your source of tips, solutions, tools, products information, and ideas that covers a wide range of health details and issues, such as nutrition, sleep, stress, fitness and more. All information on this page is designed to help you become truly healthy. With the right knowledge and tips, you will know what healthy looks and feels like.
So what does it mean to be truly healthy?
It starts with a full grasp of the concept of wellness. A person who has a high level of wellness has achieved optimum health in the five interrelated dimensions of wellness — social, physical, intellectual, emotional and spiritual.
- He is able to develop satisfying relationships and have a healthy support system.
- He has physical or physiological wellness, because of his dedication to exercise and in eating a well-balanced diet.
- He never stops learning and in expanding his knowledge and skills.
- He has amazing emotional coping skills, even during stressful times.
- He appreciates the meaning of life, lives in harmony, and has a strong set of beliefs and personal values.
Can you relate to one or all of these aspects? Don't worry if you failed in one or all areas since it is not yet too late to make lifestyle changes. Health 101 will help and guide you achieve true wellness by providing you plenty of tips and tricks.
- What does healthy eating mean?
- How do you become active and stay active?
- How do you maintain a good and healthy weight?
- How much sleep is enough?
- Is stress causing you distress?
- How do you deal and take care of a chronic illness?
- How do you nurture your spirit?
These questions and more will be answered through Health 101.